TownHall Latest columns

Answers in Genesis Articles

Worldview Times

Friday, July 22, 2005

Harry Potter

Christianity is probably split on the issue of Harry Potter and I know that the biggest argument for the books are that they " get the children to read". The world of the occult is a very seductive one that tries to seduce the christian. I Timothy 4 teaches that in the last days that seducing spirits will draw some away from the Faith. I would suppose the the drawing away will be a slow methodical pulling of the spirit. With each new Potter book the story line gets darker and darker. I guess my question to the Christian that is caught up in Harry Potter: Where is the Christ of the Scriptures portrayed in the text? the following link gives a very concise analysis of the newest book :

07/22/2005: Harry Potter: The Danger of Inviting Evil Spirits?

No comments: